• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

uninstalling red hat, how?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roof Jumper

ok, here is the deal, I need to install windows on my main computer(technically my bros, which is why i need to delete linux), but all my HD has been partitioned for linux. So, how can i utterly and completely destroy linux?.

If it's Windows 2000 or XP, just boot with the cd and delete all partitions before creating a new one and installing Windows. If you are installing a 9x variant, then you will need to run fdisk and delete all non-DOS partitions then install Windows. Either should rewrite your MBR, but if they do not then you can run fixmbr with the 2k or XP cd, or run fdisk /mbr for Windows 9x.

Like cowboy said, just treat it like a normal windows instalation and format or delete the partitions.

If you also have a windows instalation you wish to save, you must restore the original MBR. Lilo and Grub have options for this. Then after restoring the MBR just format the linux partitions.

TITLE: Uninstalling red hat, how?

RESPONSE: Put one or two hands on brim, lift hat off head, comb hair or select another hat... :D

Back