• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

going crazy with this sata malarky

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Turando

well i have the nf7s 2.0 with the silicon image 3112 sata controller, so i set my barracuda on the sata cable with the IDE to sata converter, and enable sata as a boot, nothing will boot, so i try to get into the f4 setup screen, but it wont let me in, why is that?

if i need some sort of bios update or new drivers for the controller i really need some help, because i really need some help here;)

Did you install the sata drivers prior to installing the converter? Pressing F4 allows you to setup RAID, but it's probably not letting you in since you only have one drive. You can get the latest drivers and bios for the 3112 controller from Silicon Image's webpage. Click here, then click on product support, then downloads.

ah, i see, well no im not trying to use raid, what im trying to do is run a previous IDE installation of xp..... i take it i have to do a clean install from the sata? im probably just stupid but i cannot find product support on the site?

Cheers, Turando

also, what do you mean by installing the converter? there arent drivers for that too are there??

Confused here:(

I'm looking at some of the documentation that came with my NF7-S and it says the ide drive has to be set to be master. Did you check for that? What I meant by converter is the sata-to-ide adapter. I haven't actually used this yet as I just went ahead and bought some sata drives. From what I understand, all you need to do this plug the adapter to the back of your ide drive then connect it to the sata ports. You probably don't have to reformat. You just need to install the drivers.

i have already installed the sata drivers in windows, will this be sufficient? i still cant get to the page on the silcon image stite for the new drivers and bios update?

Cheers, Turando

Back