• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

setup problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lazy smurf

Registered
ok, I turned on my computer for the first time today! I went through the BIOS without changing much at all and afterwards pressed the save and exit button. After that, the monitor went blank. Also, now i have to hold the power button down for about 5-10 seconds to turn it off. I tried turning it on and off a few times but the screen is still black. Anyone have any ideas?

AMD athlon XP 2500+
MSI K7N2G-ILSR
KIngston PC2700

How do I clear the CMOS?

dont know about your board so check your manual first

usually you can take the battery out for about 10sec then put it back (make sure you unplug your PC) to clear the CMOS
some boards have jumpers

pls someone correct me if im wrong:D

ok, that worked (iguess) I cleared the CMOS and it returned it to the original screen i got the first time. Thanx, I just hope i don't do the same thing twice.

if your rig was running and you just had no video then you had your fsb set too high for your video card and the card wasn't capable of that speed, I know if I go over 150 fsb I get a black screen but if I put it at 149 then I run fine

I don't think I changed the fsb so it should have been running at whatever the default speed was. Either way, I cleared the CMOS and just started over, and its working now. Thanx

Back