• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Estimated 3 Million mark?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Way Out On A Limb!

Based on production figures for the past month, and assuming no major losses or gains in productive members, and factor in the unknown of when Phase I will wrap up. Well November 2, 2003 looks pretty inviting. Leastwise that's when I got the cake ordered for!

SkyHook

I have an estimated time for October the 14th.....

Could be one week earlier or one week later :D

Tim, I was thinking that we could get a contest going on who can predict the reach of the 3,000,000 WU mark for this great team. What do you think?

Mictlan said:
I have an estimated time for October the 14th.....

Could be one week earlier or one week later :D

Tim, I was thinking that we could get a contest going on who can predict the reach of the 3,000,000 WU mark for this great team. What do you think?
LOL.....as soon as i read this thread, i was thinking the same thing too Juan!! i remember we had a contest like this before, 2millions mark(?), why not have it again....?! :D

If the numbers on SETI@work are right it should be this Sunday give or take a day. ;)

if we are going to guess by the hour then it should be written in GMT because of our international members.

So my guess will be 12pm GMT (noon) on Oct. 5th 2003

Burning Phoenix said:
if we are going to guess by the hour then it should be written in GMT because of our international members.

So my guess will be 12pm GMT (noon) on Oct. 5th 2003

OK.......4:00 am GMT sharp on Oct.7th 2003 ......... :D

My figures place the final encounter somewhere between Oct. 4th and Oct. 19th.

I'll post my date a bit later when I narrow down the range a bit and get a lucky one.

--Edited for lack of sight--
JigPu

Last edited:
A contest would be nice. It could be kept simple and easy. We could have people guess the correct day and to the closest hour?

Cy

3million.gif

because of daylight savings time the time is actaully 9:16 am GMT

wow, thats nuts. in one year, we gain 2 million.

but how long did it take us to hit the 3 million mark???

still, either on boinc, or Seti Classic

CRUNCH ON :attn:

zexmarquies01 said:
wow, thats nuts. in one year, we gain 2 million.

but how long did it take us to hit the 3 million mark???

still, either on boinc, or Seti Classic

CRUNCH ON :attn:

Well my records only go back as far as when I started doing the Daily Stats, so on June 5, 2002 we had 838687 WUs. As I remember it was a couple of months later that we celebrated our 1 Million Milestone as a team.

SkyHook

Back