• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone run GAT fully on 800Mhz cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

therudyq3

Has anyone run GAT fully on IS7 and 800Mhz cpu?

There's been some questions whether you can run GAT fully enabled (that's option street Racer and F1 with auto, auto, enabled, enabled) with 800 Mhz cpu at mem ratio 5:4

Some of use only been able to run GAT at 1:1 ratio, which means we had to set the fsb at a much lower setting. To run GAT at 5:4 ratio, just hasn't worked...

I just wanted to know if thsi is the case and whether the latest BIOS fixed this....(BIOS 15)

Thx

Last edited:
I'm using the latest latest bios, 16, and if GAT is not set to auto, I get a freeze-up right after "Verifying DMI Pool"

The memory is corsair xms pc3500c2 using 5:4 ratio, 231 fsb/ 185 mhz D.C. for the ram, 2-3-3-7 timings w/ 2.7V. I would think that at those settings and speed the ram could handle the extra "stress" of GAT, no?

I'm sorry. My post wasn't clear.....we're having problem running IS7 with GAT fully enabled with mem ratio 5:4.

Has anyone been able to run GAt fully enabled, that Street Racer and F1 with auto and enables, on the IS7 mb using a C chip (800 mhz fsb) ???

some of us only seem to be able to run it at 1;1 mem ratio thus limiting the OC potential of top speed.

My mistake, although if there is some issue with GAT on the IC7, it would only be inherent for the IS7 to have problems as well. Just a thought.

Also, I saw on the Inq that Intel was going remove all PAT functionality from the 865PE. When, I have no clue, but probably not soon enough to affect your IS7.

Now that my curiosity is sparked, I will have to see if GAT works on my IC7 when at 1:1 ratio.

NeoGeo said:
My mistake, although if there is some issue with GAT on the IC7, it would only be inherent for the IS7 to have problems as well. Just a thought.

Also, I saw on the Inq that Intel was going remove all PAT functionality from the 865PE. When, I have no clue, but probably not soon enough to affect your IS7.

Now that my curiosity is sparked, I will have to see if GAT works on my IC7 when at 1:1 ratio.

well...1:1 GAT is working on the IS7...it's when we set it to 5:4 it has problems...but it could be some other nick picky timing issue on the RAM modules...

Thx for checking

The last puter I built used an IS7 with 2.4c. No love there. I couldn't even post when I set the GAT to anything other than auto, even when not overclocked. Although, the memory was Corsair XMS 3200LL, so that may have been the weakest link.

When I did my research back when canterwoods were first shipping, I came to the conclusion that PAT (now GAT) was only activated in 1:1 DDR mode.

There is some utility you can use to detect if PAT/GAT is active.

Xymurgy said:
When I did my research back when canterwoods were first shipping, I came to the conclusion that PAT (now GAT) was only activated in 1:1 DDR mode.

There is some utility you can use to detect if PAT/GAT is active.

Well..no...actually a friend of mine was able to run it at 5:4 and GAT setting at Street Racer fully...on his IS7 and 2.4C

Yes, I ran GAT fully enabled (street racer) with all the rest on 'auto', with a 5:4 ratio and all the way up to 255fsb, couldn't get any higher than that though. I could also run F1 settings, but it took some tweaking in GAT to get it to run, and it ended up only being about as quick as the street racer setting.

-oh, bios is 1.3 BTW.. I'm a big fan of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

mattspalace said:
Yes, I ran GAT fully enabled (street racer) with all the rest on 'auto', with a 5:4 ratio and all the way up to 255fsb, couldn't get any higher than that though. I could also run F1 settings, but it took some tweaking in GAT to get it to run, and it ended up only being about as quick as the street racer setting.

-oh, bios is 1.3 BTW.. I'm a big fan of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

Mattspalace....were you able to run it with NB strap at 800 or 667?

Okay I'm back with the goods..

CPU - 262/66/33
NB Strap - BY CPU
Ratio - 5:4
AGP/PCI - Fixed to 66/33
CPU voltage - 1.6v
RAM voltage - 2.8v
AGP voltage - 1.55v

Memory - 2/2/2/7
Street Racer
Auto
Auto
Auto
Disabled

that help any??

mattspalace said:
Okay I'm back with the goods..

CPU - 262/66/33
NB Strap - BY CPU
Ratio - 5:4
AGP/PCI - Fixed to 66/33
CPU voltage - 1.6v
RAM voltage - 2.8v
AGP voltage - 1.55v

Memory - 2/2/2/7
Street Racer
Auto
Auto
Auto
Disabled

that help any??

Thanks Mattspalace...but that's not GAT fully enabled...you have the last option disabled. :(

oh yeah... duhh..

If I run 250 or 255 fsb, I can run street racer with everything else on auto. To go higher I have to disable the command per clock setting, but just about everyone does.

mattspalace said:
oh yeah... duhh..

If I run 250 or 255 fsb, I can run street racer with everything else on auto. To go higher I have to disable the command per clock setting, but just about everyone does.

OH!!! so you were ABLE to run GAT fully enable with NB strap at 800 and 5:4 ratio? you just can't run it above 250 fsb?

it was good until 255fsb (although I didn't go in 1 MHz intervals to find the absolute stopping point), after that I started having instability. Disabling CPC seemed to help quite a bit though..

I'm just waiting to find the best PC4000 around, and then I'll be running 1:1 anyway - which is limited to 255fsb on Abit boards.

"I'm just waiting to find the best PC4000 around, and then I'll be running 1:1 anyway - which is limited to 255fsb on Abit boards."

huh?? which is limited to 255fsb?? ...OK....I'm lost here...

If you're talking about the mem being limited at 500 Mhz...well it just depends on how good the mem modules are...and how well they OC.

Currently Abit motherboards will not do any higher than 255fsb with a 1:1 ratio. -No matter what memory you've got.. Several online sources have also backed this up and is hoping Abit will incorporate a fix for this in future bios'.

Back