• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what do you think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandman001

Just Freeze It
anything I should change?

MCW500-A
eheim 1250
6ft of clearflex
black ice pro (is this really that bad?)

I want to go with the blakc ice pro, because of space constraints, but if it really is bad then I'll go with a car heatercore.

I know I've made these before, but I always try to make sure before I spend money.

Decent enough, but you could get more out of the radiator by going with a car heatercore indeed. The black ice pro is rather mediocre IMO.

How much of a difference in temps do you think I would see between the two?

I agree with FIZZ3.

Not totaly sure about temps but it would be cheaper and almost deffinatly cooler (maybe the difference btw lower 30's and lower 40's).

Well, in my situation it would be $5 cheaper to get the Black Ice, but if it impacts temps that much forget it.

I was going to get it for $15 from someone I know, but I can get a heatercore for $20 with barbs installed.

Great value then- if the difference in price is that small, there's no question the heatercore is the better choice.

Hey, you may then also look to improve upon the waterblock... with say a white water? ;)

Back