• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

92mm fan that is 85+ cfm and under 40db?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hooah

anyone know of such a fan. i'm looking for 92mm 85+ cfm but only 40db. i know the thermaltake smart fan 2 is 75cfm but 48db. tornado's are ridiculously loud, so just thought i'd see if anyone knows if such a fan exists.

or what about using a 120 to 80mm adaptor to get a 120mm 130cfm fan (45db sunon) on an slk900. i'm looking to get an slk900 for my 3.0c when it comes instead of the zalman 7000cu. but i want high cfms or its really not worth switching.

this is the 120mm to 80mm adaptor

Last edited:
The best that I can find is this fan. While it is only 66 CFM, it will probably cool the SLK-900 better than the 120mm fan with the adaptor, because the adaptor will create lots of back pressure with the larger fan, resulting in much lower than advertised airflow. I would recommend going with the 92mm fan. Another option is buying the 92mm tornado with a baybus to step down the voltage to a better noise level, the tornado at 40 CFM will most likely push more air than the YS Tech.

i was thinking about that, get a 92mm tornado that does 119cfm's full tilt with a fan controller and just turn it down to where it is equal to my 6 case fans that are 31db. i've been looking all over because if i get an slk900 and get rid of my zalman i'd raelly like to be pushing 80cfm's atleast but it can't be loud. if only the slk900 would take a 120mm fan. arg.

just suck it up and get used it the noise. Youll get used to it and not even notice the noise eventualy. Its no louder than a desk fan or something of the sort. and the performance trade off is well worth the noise level.

Back