• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Leadtek TV Tuner

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i've been looking around for a decent/inexpensive tv tuner card for awhile.. problem is, on my cable tv package, any channel above 69 seems to be digital... i believe most if not all of the tv cards are only analog, correct?

/sorry bout the thread hijack pcgirl :)

I have this card and it works wonderfully for me. Plenty of options and will do almost anything. BUT, you might want to read this....http://www.leadtek.com.tw/support/faq_list2_1.asp?pronameid=66&lineid=6 Look at the second question and answer. This happened to me after trying to reinstall the card with DX9. If you have problems with the computer rebooting while your loading the drivers then this is probably why. Hopefully this will save you some trouble. :cool:

I have this right now and I love it. It records my tv shows and its pretty easy to setup. Being a college dorm person, I'll be bored and watch tv sometimes. Its perfect to watch tv in my room (didn't bring a tv set) on my computer. Another great feature is the remote. Hope you like it as much as I am :D

I purchased a Winfast TV2000 Deluxe XP and I love it. Like they said download the pvr program and drivers from their site though, the cd can be a pain.

i dont no if this is me or not but, when i got this tv tuner it cant capture the "line in" i dont no why. but i have to set it to direct input then it would capture the sound but with low volume.

Thanks for all the input guys......I'm going to download the drivers and software from Leadtek's site and hopefully I'll be good to go. Has anyone here hooked a VCR up to this card?

I like to watch Reno 911 and Most Extreme Elimination Challenge but sometimes I'm not always home to catch them....so it'll be nice to have my own TiVo, basically :)

I never tried to capture from my vcr, although it plays fine. I have captured from my directv and it works great. I have also hooked a dvd player up to it with the s-video connector and it worked great as well.

i have this card and i use a vcr with it, it works great although i had to search for the drivers, once installed it works fine except that some buttons towards the bottom of the remote doesn't work like they are supposed to but it's nothing important, all the crucial functions work fine

I use my vcr with it often to capture stuff I have recorded. I was wondering is there anyway to get audio other then the normal connection?

The only thing holding me back from getting a tuner card is that I have digital cable. If I am not mistaken, the digital signal is scrambled at the broadcast point and then decoded by the cable box. I'm not 100% sure how the whole thing works, but my speculation is that when you turn your cable box on, it receives a key string that the cable box will use as a seed to decode the signal. If that is the case, a decent programmer could write a program to listen for that digital key and decode the signal on-the-fly. Any ideas? I am kind of shooting in the dark here with only mixed knowledge from the Digital Satellite industry and XM radio industry.

Fallen said:
The only thing holding me back from getting a tuner card is that I have digital cable. If I am not mistaken, the digital signal is scrambled at the broadcast point and then decoded by the cable box. I'm not 100% sure how the whole thing works, but my speculation is that when you turn your cable box on, it receives a key string that the cable box will use as a seed to decode the signal. If that is the case, a decent programmer could write a program to listen for that digital key and decode the signal on-the-fly. Any ideas? I am kind of shooting in the dark here with only mixed knowledge from the Digital Satellite industry and XM radio industry.

my sentiments exactly. i'm almost positive no tv tuner cards, at least that i know of, allow one to view digitally scrambled cable signals... which is my problem.

they want you to have to buy (another) decoding box.. at 150 bucks a pop.. no thanks!

Back