• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your highest IC7 fsb?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrspec3

I've gotten mine to 318Mhz with all default cooling and no mods to the board at all. It's not very stable for a few reasons but I wanted to know what other people have gotten? BTW I did have to run 1 dimm because using 2 dimms I can't get over 300FSB

Steve

They weren't great....single channel and all. My board is dead now so I will get you some when the RMA comes back

This is all I got

3818.jpg

I can get mine to 280 but I'm only running a 3000 rpm fan...

I couldn't overclock properly until I went into the bios to the game thing and set it to:

Game Accellerator: Auto
Refresh Cycle Time: Normal
Read Delay: Auto
Read Delay Adjust: Disabled
Command per Clock: Disabled

I also updated to the newest bios. I also got crazy and removed the heat spreader off my p4 2.4 c 800 mhz and now it runs much cooler and overclocks higher...I'm using a thermalright slk-900 copper heatsink which works perfect with the heatspreader off...

I'm currently running 3.3 stable...easily can do 3.4...I know it wants to go higher....I think my ram is the limiting factor...although it's generic samsung chip ddr 333 ram, it overclocks from 166 to about 230 at 2.8 volts (2.5 3 3 7) with vantech copper heat spreaders on the ram....

anyways, two bits worth...

flapperhead said:
What... a 2.4c @3800 with stock cooling! no offense, but that is almost unbelievable..

Haha yah it would be. I mean the board had stock cooling. My cpu is under a 226W pelt and 3C chilled water. The cpu never breaks 0C under full load

Steve

Btw, mine is under the sig... but this is dualprime stable if I set my CPU Cooler to maximum (2500RPM). I had slight tries but I couldn't pass a single memtest86 only if I set it to 3:2, and it not worths because of much lower memory bandwidth...

Back