• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP2700 OC'd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

h8tulooze

Registered
I just OC'd my cpu and im a nOOb so bare with me..
Stock was running @2171 now 2339.I set the muiltiplier 14.0 .
How can i make it go faster?

Thx

Welcome...and if you would list your hardware this will help...CPU, ram, PSU, heatsink...we already know your motherboard...

And on thing...you will have to raise your CPU Vcore past the default voltage...if you raise that Vcore up your stability issue should be solved for now...but you don't want to raise it too much for now since we don't know what heatsink you are using...

ok my cpu is XP2700, geil pc3200, asus a7n8x deluxe , the vcore 1.69,not sure on heat sink..been awhile since i built this. Where do i find that?

thx

H8, try doin 12 x 200

also whats your idle/load temps? cause you gonna need to up the voltage to get anything good to run stable

whats the stepping on you 2700?

sry guys im a nOOb to this so not sure what the stepping is.And i tried to raise it form 166 to 200 and it wont boot.Temps are 45c on cpu idle not sure on load....The memory is geil pc3200.fyi

thx guys

you need better cooling before you try to OC

your idle temps are to high so you wont be able to raise your vcore which in turn you wont be able to OC

hey conquerer i tried running mine at 12 x 200 and still no boot.Black screen.i up'd the Vcore to 1.75.My pc runs the same before and after i OC'ed it 44-46 c.I saw no change in temps form ocing it..lol
im not sure how to change the memory timing...Any suggestions

h8tulooze said:
hey conquerer i tried running mine at 12 x 200 and still no boot.Black screen.i up'd the Vcore to 1.75.My pc runs the same before and after i OC'ed it 44-46 c.I saw no change in temps form ocing it..lol
im not sure how to change the memory timing...Any suggestions

so is it running stable at 12 x 200 now?

Back