• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where can I find VERY thin acylic?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Timmybighands

I need to purchase some .5mm to 1.0mm thick acrylic material. I'm working on a mouse mod project, but I cant find the thin stuff! Do you have any websites? THanks

yeah, no luck there. But I did find an old baseball card cover that I think I can use. It's kinda scratched though.

i think i heard that if you take a blow torch and lightly go over the arclic and then buff it it should look like new again but try it first before you do it to the peice you are going to use to see if it works.

A local shop that does picture framing should have something close to the 1mm end of the scale. Not everything gets real glass...

You also might want to check out a *good* art supply store. They usually sell sheets of acrylic/acetate/vinyl up to .5mm. My roommate buys sheets of acetate and uses them as windows in his architectural models.

Back