• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multiple CCL's on one Inverter?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fushyuguru

Has anyone tried connecting more than two cold cathode lights up to say a dual inverter?

Id like to cut down on the wiring I need to do.

Just wanna know if anyone has done it before i just plug em in and see what goes pop.

i think that you may want to use more inverters. i was testing out some ccfls acouple days ago and with just the normal 1 ccfl it was getting pretty hot so putting the extra load might fry the inverter.
my inverters will be hidden in a 5.25 drive bay area most likely or on the side where you cant see but i plan on having 2 inverters and maybe ill put all 3 .
i would guess that its possible for them to handle the load but i wouldnt want to risk it

Yeah, i tend to agree, i was just hoping i could be lazy and use less inverters to cut down on clutter/ect.

Maybe someone has used multiple on one for while and will speak up! :D

Maybe not...

I've never done it with CCFLs, but I've done it with neons. What happened with me is all the lights lit up, but not all the way; they were very dim and only about half of the tube lenghth lit up. Can't speak to heat, as I immediately redid it, since it looked goofy.

The neon lights that I got at Target both were connected to the same inverter. They worked perfectly, of course the inverter was actually built for 2. I think if the inverter is built strong enough it should be able to handle the current.

Axle

I think Ill just play it safe and use an extra inverter for the extra lights. Ill be hiding them away in a corner anyway. I just wanted to cut down on wires strewn everywhere.

unless you can find like a triple or quad inverter :D obviously you need to use more inverters heh thatd be cool all your lights on one switch / inverter!

Well, I'll be using 3 inverters now for 5 CC's, but theyre all connected to one power switch for on/off.

Back