• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

QUICK- Good Upgrade? Help a brotha out!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

highschoolsucks

Registered
Is the following a good upgrade from the comp in my specs?

Epox 8RDA+ $85
512 mb GEIL PC3200 RAM $85
AMD Barton 2500+ will set FSB to 200 to get 3200+ $92
Geforce 4 ti 4400 refurb. $99

All of this for about $400 w/ tax and shipping. Mind you, I'm upgrading the comp in my sig(ewww, I know). Should I get it or no? I am ordering RIGHT NOW! So post fast. Thanks.

Good choices. That system will stretch your dollar pretty good (not to mention that it will totaly smoke your existing system :))

you may end up just spending more.. you'll need a decent heatsink, fan, thermal paste, case fans, zip ties, heatshrinks, sandpaper... heh this just reminds me of my comp upgrade. I was planning on spending $400 MAX.. i ended up spending a total of $587.12 including tax/shipping. those little tiny stuff end up killing you.

oh yea and great username lol.

Okay I ordered it... I need to get it, install the parts, and see if my PSU will hold. If it doesn't, then [...]. I have an Antec pp-303x 300 watt PSU. I THINK it'll hold, Antec has good quality products and this PSU probably works better than a cheapo 400 w generic PSU...

Make sure you try to burn that CPU in first. It doesn't work for everyone, but it could work for you. Of course, I'd start it off running at stock, before anything. I hope you got a Gainward vid card. Gainward is the best for nVidia video cards. and I hope that refurb holds up. You could possibly get a card that will die on you within a few months (usually, refurb warranty is only for 15 days).

Back