Overclockers Forums > Hardware > CPUs > AMD CPUs
AMD CPUs
Forum Jump

*Duron and new mobo-or BIG ASS slot TBIRD*

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 03-29-01, 07:22 AM Thread Starter   #1
oc jason

*Duron and new mobo-or BIG ASS slot TBIRD*

I have the gateway AMD mobo-and a slot 600, i wanna get MORE-and i dont wanna use aGFD just yet. I want a gig-so i was wondering if itd be cheaper to Buy a cheap Duron(700 or so) and a new socket board, or Just keep the Board and get a 1 gig Tbird slot-or the classic whateva they make? I want stability and was wondering if the more cache on the tbird would help, also if the slot tbird 1 gig is a .25 micron like me 600, or if i can get a .18 micron in a slot format yet-that way it would OC better eith the GFD?

[FAVORITE GIRL]
.: AMDxp 3700 : DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 : 2gb pc4000 : Gf 7900gt :.

WoW
Server: Laughing Skull
Faction: Alliance
Name: Truex 60 Dwarf Rogue
oc jason is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-29-01, 12:48 PM   #2
stool

10 Year Badge

Dump the board, and go for a socket board and new CPU. The Slot A setup is a dead end. Before long they won't even be making these things. Also, you'll be able to forego a GFD, even though they do make OCing a slot Athlon a piece of cake.

Old 03-29-01, 01:05 PM Thread Starter   #3
oc jason

Quote:
stool (Mar 29, 2001 12:48 p.m.):
Dump the board, and go for a socket board and new CPU. The Slot A setup is a dead end. Before long they won't even be making these things. Also, you'll be able to forego a GFD, even though they do make OCing a slot Athlon a piece of cake.

So what is a good board combo-what is more stable bigger TBIRD or just OC the hell out of a Duron? what would you reccommend? Board KT7A-Iwill266R-FICAZ11E-i know they are all good-but i want a FSB over 133, and over a gig mhz, what is the best board/chip for that-DUR or TB

[FAVORITE GIRL]
.: AMDxp 3700 : DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 : 2gb pc4000 : Gf 7900gt :.

WoW
Server: Laughing Skull
Faction: Alliance
Name: Truex 60 Dwarf Rogue
oc jason is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-29-01, 10:52 PM   #4
stool

10 Year Badge

Personally, I went for a 1.2GHz TBird @266 and an Iwill kk266 mobo. Unfortunately the Iwill was one of the bum ones, and I haven't received the replacement yet. Despite several good writeups, I don't have much good to say about the MSI K7T boards. I had one and if you followed Ed's articles in the front, they are a pain in the ass. I'll have to wait and see on the Iwill.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > CPUs > AMD CPUs
AMD CPUs