• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slot loading CD-RW?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cyberwiz01

Does anyone know, if there exists a slot loading CD-RW?
I have seen the Pioneer slot-loading DVD/CD, but i have done searches through different search engines and came up with nothing. The only ones i can find are for MACS! Boooo! So does anyone know if there are slot loading?
Thanks.

:attn:

I also couldnt fint anything I was wondering if macs take the same IDE cables if we can just flash the macs firmware.....but since I havent seen one or heard of one guess it cant happen

i wonder if its possible to buy a regular pioneer CD-RW and then try to mod their slot loaded drive to take the parts from the CDRW? Would that be even possible. It would just be a matter of switching the laser and circuit boards, maybe i dont know. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Are slot drives better then tray? My cousin had a compaq witha slot drive, and every cd it touched it violated. Maybe it was the comp though o_O

my slot is working fine and running good i just get paranoid sometimes when it spins to fast and it spits the cd out and slice my head open

Oh, i didnt know that. So then could a mac CDRW talk with say an ABIT IC7 motherboard? Or do they still speak diferent 'languages'?

If you could find drivers for it, it should work just fine (Mac drivers are completely different). Also check on the specific product as they have used scsi drives in the past (currently they are on SATA for harddrives). They have been using IDE for a few years, but scsi was really big with Macs (being that they are mainly used by video editors/graphic artists).

Back