• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Teh Farm is on-eth teh way!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
Well, just finished ordering 3 layers of me farm. They consist of:

(3) XP 2400's Retail
(3) BIOSTAR M7VIG on-board vid/lan
(3) 256MB DDR 2100
(3) 300W Fortron 120mm fan PSU
(3) 8.4GB Quantum Fireball ATA66 5400RPM (ebay)

I gave up the Dually farm Idea, just too much $$$, even this way is alot but I have some private donations buying it all (seriously) :D. Costing about $250/layer with everything HD's too.
These should be up late next week or the week after, another layer will be here within a week as well, totaling 4 for now.

The best part is that my buddy does not pay for electricity at his office, which is 2 miles from my house so guess where the farm is going? :D

FOLD ON!

vonkaar said:
What will this do to your rivalry with Wedo?

oh... and congrats, that's way cool.
Get me closer to not being pwnt like a 6 year old schoolgirl! By my calcs, 8Ghz of AMD powah should yeild me roughly 2100 PPW or 310 PPD or so. Shoud just about even me out with Wedo, meaning we should be then putting out around the same PPW as each other, about 12.5K PPW.

Wow I like that, how did you get donation to pay for it. You should only use one hard drive and do a network boot using linux. It would save a little money.

Axle

Yeah, or make one linux install and tar it up and use it on all the boxes, or go diskless with linux live CD's like Overfoldix or Overclockix... Unless the place this farm is being setup has a windows site license....

[sarcasm]After all you do seem so concerned about the cost of running windows on each machine. [/sarcasm]

Last edited:
but you know... wedo will have another 15 borgs by the time you get it all assembled ;)

Maxvla said:
but you know... wedo will have another 15 borgs by the time you get it all assembled ;)
I am the master borger with borgs in 5 different states and 7 different countries... Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Arkaine23 said:
[sarcasm]After all you do seem so concerned about the cost of running windows on each machine. [/sarcasm]

You mean there is a cost for running Windows?
Damn, I thought it was free. They told me I could run as a demo for unspecified length of time ;)

Oh wait you mean the frustration cost?:D

nikhsub1 said:
[
The best part is that my buddy does not pay for electricity at his office, which is 2 miles from my house so guess where the farm is going? :D

FOLD ON! [/B]

Boy I wish I had an office like that :)

Sweetness! Pics of this would be awesome as someone said.

BTW, whats the board that is like $20 for a newegg refurb and has onboard vid, snd, and lan? Biostar I believe.

:edit: I'm a total friggin idiot!! :bang head :rolleyes: its the board you used (Biostart M7VIG) :bang head :bang head

Last edited:
Back