• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CDRW Drive Recommendations?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Onizuka

Im in need of a new cd burner. I currently have a tdk 24x10x40, but need to upgrade it to stay with the times ;). I was wondering what you guys think the best cd burner for under $50 is. I know Liteon get alot of good reviews and people recommend them alot, but my cousin had one and it like raped his cd.
(It shattered into a million pieces)

Im thinking of going with either Liteon, Asus, or BenQ.

Lemme know what you think =).

that was a fluke, your gonna hear nothing but lite-on from here!

Welcome to the forums!!!!

Few more liteon suggestions and I think my decision is made, heh.

I had a lite-on but returned it simply because it was way to loud for my taste. Went with the MSI as it preformed the same and the noise comparison was not even close. It is noteworthy to mention the MSI CR52-A2 doesn’t currently support Mt Rainier, but it has not been an issue for me yet. There should be a firmware update not to far down the road.

Look at the Yamaha CRW-F1 It can only do 40x, but overburning is exceptional and it has something called Disc t@2. This lets you Burn images onto unused disc space. Otherwise, if you want 52x, I'd go with an LG.

Definitely Lite-On.........they have proven themselves to me by years of quiet and dependable service, and I just ordered 2 Lite- on drives (CDRW and DVD) for my new rig.:)

Lite-on vote number....well I lost count. Both my friend and I have one and neither of us have had trouble 1 in about a year.

i still can't see why people say "oh, this drive is toooo loud" when your only going to use it for like 4 minutes when your burning a cd...sheesh...lol

btw, LiteOn i have a 48x Samsung and I like it too so i'll vote for Samsung too

Liteons in both my machines here....might be rebadged, but taken care of with firmware upgrades....

Get a memorex... they are just rebadged lite-ons. I bought a 48x24x48 for $27 dollars are staples using pricematch... and I flashed it to a 52x24x52... it is awesome. Lite-on firmware is probably a bit better, but they are the same.

So now mine is a Lite-on with a memorex tag on the front.

Back