• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question about GF FX 5600 Ultra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

guppie

I read somewhere that there are "new" and "old" 5600 Ultra boards? Apparently the clock on the "new" boards are set higher thus giving better performance... I'm confusing clock speed vs. RAMDAC speed or are they the same? Can someone elaborate briefly and also tell me exactly what to look/ask for if ordering from a vendor, cuz I see some really good deals on PriceWatch! (i.e. $130 - http://www.amamax.com/vdinob555gfx56em128.html)

I really don't want to upgrade my video card, but my friend is offering me $100 for my Ti4200 and I don't want to spend more than $130-$140 total. I didn't plan on upgrading cuz the Ti4200 has been treating me just fine so far... but my buddy is one of those people who doesn't want anything to do w/ his computer and really doesn't care and would rather pay me $100 for my card and get me to install it for him... So what the heck!

If anyone has a link to a "new" 5600 Ultra, then please post.

Any 5600 under 190$ is probably not an Ultra the one in the link you posted is not an Ultra. Any 5600 Ultra will state Ultra in the name.

You are looking for a Geforce FX 5600Ultra Revision 2. They are clocked higher I believe but I don't know specifics. The only way to know is to contact the reseller and confirm that they have revision 2's. This is probably only possible with reputable resellers.

Back