• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8400 3dmark01 with ti 4200?!?!?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SLO DWN

Registered
here is the link to my published score

i didn't think anyone would read my previous thread so i made a new one.

so, what could it be? 8400 in 3dmark01 SE with a ti 4200 (Jaton 3DForce4)?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

here is the scenerio:

1. i upgraded from a mx440 to this ti4200. purchased 3 days ago.

2. ti4200 did not work so i wiped out my HD and reintalled everything(took freakin 4 hours!!!)

3. re-overclocked the fsb and multi(perfectly stable)

4. downloaded powerstrip and overclocked ti4200

that is all i did. all my hardware specs are in my sig. if i left something out, then ask me and i will respond.

i'm at home now so i'll be checking once every 5 minutes or so (yes, i'm desperate for an answer!!)

please....anyone....

EDIT: fixed link (hopefully)

Last edited:
Start turning stuff off

Most of the time you should see an increase from turning antialiasing off also in your system bios be sure that you have fast writes enabled. There are all kinds of tweaks you can try and I am sure that there is a tutorial in the forum that will walk you through oc your card good luck!

yeah, you might want to check out a couple different drivers ... Just because they are the latest doesn't mean they are the best!

Check and see if AGP Texture Acceleration is enabled in dxdiag. If it's not then uninstall the video card drivers, then the chipset drivers, then reinstall chipset drivers, reboot, and reinstall the video card drivers. Of course, if you haven't installed the nForce drivers yet I'd highly suggest doing that.

i've done all that.....

and plus i installed the detonator driver....

what is going on......????:(

Question one: Is the score you get in 3dmark2001 dependant on the permormance of your harddrive at all?

Question two: What kind of harddrive do you have SLO DWN?

overclocker550

i noticed that you only ran the 4 games and not the other tests such as fill rate, polygon count, environment bump mapping.....etc....

is that how people get high scores?

because i ran the WHOLE test.....

no the first four tests are the only ones that determine your score.

also, looking at your test it seems that you were on target for about 9800points in every test except for some reason your dragothic scores zre painfully low. Me thinks this is a driver issue, try different nvidia drivers.

drivers,,,,,,,

most of the time when someone gets out of the ordinary scores it's usually the simplest things,,,

most with this kind of setup are getting 13,000 +

Game 1 Car Chase - Low Detail 53.6 FPS

Game 1 Car Chase - High Detail 29.8 FPS

Game 2 Dragothic - Low Detail 54.1 FPS

Game 2 Dragothic - High Detail 25.3 FPS

Game 3 Lobby - Low Detail 52.7 FPS

Game 3 Lobby - High Detail 29.6 FPS

OK those are my FPS in the games on my GF2mx400. OK L00k at dragothic...high detail....25fps..yours gets 31. There something wrong there, which is probably dampening your score alot.

Try running everything at stock ,the added heat from overclock could be hurting performance. [could be too much heat and or stressing something

-Gleason
P.S,-->keep fiddling with settings and drivers, theres something wrong there, but theres also a solution somewheres, just g0tta figure out what it is. guess and check

Back