• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-G Raid 0 - can't Overclock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghost_shell

Registered
Abit IC7-G Raid problems with OC'ing
I want to apologize for double posting this thread but I did not get any answers in the CPU forum.

I hope that someone out there is running a Abit IC7-G mobo in Raid configuration and is OC'ing their CPU ( If you're reading this thread than you probably are OC'ing ).

I was getting ready to OC my brand new 2.4 C P4 CPU when I ran into a problem.

For starters I am using 2 WD Raptors set in Raid 0 config with Corsair XMS PC3500 2 sticks X 512 MB each. I also have a WD Spec. ED 80 GB HDD with 8 MB cache hooked up to the IDE connector as a backup drive. The mobo is a Abit IC7-G.

Everything is working smooth with the default settings. I was able to get the memory timings down to 2-5-3-2 in dual DDR mode and stable with the Vdimm set at 2.65 v ( although it will work fine at 2.6 v set in bios , I just decided to give the memory a little more juice b/c the winbond hardware doc. was reporting my memory to be actually using something between 2.65-2.67).

In any case, I started with a extremely conservative OC of just 5 mHz on the FSB I left the memory divider set to 1:1 and the computer will lock up at the point where the SATA RAID drivers are being loaded?

If I go back and change it to the default FSB speed no prob. .

I tried increasing the the memory voltage to 2.7 and I also changed the memory timings to the defaults and even tried a memory divider of 5:4.

No luck, still locks up at the point where the Intel SATA Raid drivers are loading.

I hope that there is some simple explanation, anyone have a similar setup or words of advice?.....I want to try a decent OC.

Thanx as always for all the help I have gotten so far and constructive criticism!

I have the same computer. Heres what you have to do, go into the softmenu, set the agp/pci ratio to fixed and then in the next menu down, set it to 66/33. what you are doing is overclocking the hd, and sata drives dont seem to like this very much.

I'll take another look at the BIOS settings ( I am at work right now) but I'm pretty sure that's what there at now. I left the AGP/PCI lock set to fixed which is the default. From what I recall the line below that does readd 66/ss, which is also default.

I'll take a look at it though.

FYI , did you run Prime95 torture test or Memtest-86 with those memory timings?

I havent tried memtest yet, but its fine with one instance of prime, and im having no stability issues. Also make sure you are using the 5/4 ram divider, thats what im using.

MrBean did you get my two PM's. If so ( I asked a lot of questions) just let me know that they went through.

Back