• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tbird 750 ran max at 950 =( so close to 1gig i want 1 gig! anyone help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chicharon1

Registered
I have a Tbird 750 unlocked. Asus A7V. My max is 9.5x100 (950). Processor 47C minimun and 51C max. mobo temp 36-38C. Room temp is 30C. I'm using an FOP38 with one fan blowing air in. 2 fans blowing air out.

I want to hit 1gig! can anyone help me? Why can't i run my FSB higher than 102? i've been reading people with A7Vs running at 110fsb.

A7V BIOS rev version 1007. 256MB PC133 SDRAM, Voodoo Banshee 16MB Xwave 6000 PCI Soundcard. What do u ppl think?

What is the Vcore and VIO you are using? I have heard that SOME of the 750's just can't fly as high as some of the other ones. You may also want to work on the case cooling a little, Mine system temp never goes above 26'C, if yours is at 38'C. it may cause some instability. I think your proc temp may also be causing a prob, Mine craps out at like 55'C or so, if you are not already, I would recommend using Arctic Sliver 2. You can raise the fsb and that may help. All in all a 200MHZ OC is a great one, I think with a couple of changes in temp and volts you can get that Gig though.

I haven't adjusted the VIO yet. itz still in default (3.65v? in Asus a7v?) about Vcore itz already in 1.85v... regarding system temp im sure i cant go lower than 38C because im living in a tropical country n room temp is 30C. my processor temp is 47-51C so i think itz already a good temp considering that itz 17-21C above room temp. We don't have arctic silver here... so im using regular thermal paste =(

do you think i should raise the VIO a bit? to what level? are you also using A7V? Regarding FSB.. i can only max the FSB to 102.. some people can even max it to 110 or 120 how did they do that??

Fiz (Apr 05, 2001 11:54 a.m.):
What is the Vcore and VIO you are using? I have heard that SOME of the 750's just can't fly as high as some of the other ones. You may also want to work on the case cooling a little, Mine system temp never goes above 26'C, if yours is at 38'C. it may cause some instability. I think your proc temp may also be causing a prob, Mine craps out at like 55'C or so, if you are not already, I would recommend using Arctic Sliver 2. You can raise the fsb and that may help. All in all a 200MHZ OC is a great one, I think with a couple of changes in temp and volts you can get that Gig though.

A good way to squeeze a little more MHZ out of the fsb is to take off the "greenie meanie" heatsing on your northbridge, lap it down and apply some thermal paste. Mobo companies don't really do much more than sit the heatsink on there and thats it so it's really not that effective at cooling the northbridge. I haven't done it myself yet as it requires you to take out the mobo and I don't have the time right now. I also have read a couple of articles that will help you get thet idle temp down alittle, it seems that the asus bios doesn't idle the cpu correctly and thats why the idle temp is so close to the load temp. I think there is an article on this on the home page here. I would add a case fan to balance the airflown through the case, I had one fan blowing in and two out but my temps were getting too high so I added one in the front and dropped my idle temp about 6or7'C. You have a great hsf, the FOP 38 is terrific, as far as thermal paste goes, if you can't get Arctic silver, try to get a silver based one. They work better than the regular "white goo" ones. You can try raising the VIO alittle bit but just watch the temps, usually the default for a TB is 3.4, 3.65 sounds a bit high to me, my 1000 TB runs better at 3.3 than the default 3.4 so you may even want to try lowering it a step. If all else fails, because you live in such a warm climate you may have to look into water cooling, it's alittle extreme, but it gets some great results when aircooling just won't cut it. I would first try the easiest thing and get real good airflow through the case, it may get you the couple of degrees you need to run stable at 1GHZ. The way I did mine was I took a drill with a hole punch drill bit and drilled a hole in the side then aimed a fan right at the proc and northbridge, cooled them off ALOT. They are about 7'C cooler under load now. I hope this helps alittle, I will keep checkin to see how it goes. Good Luck :):):)

Back