• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just out of curiosity....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

F4

Red Raccoon Dojo
Has anyone here ever tried to OC a printer?

Did they have any luck with it?

(I'm not actaully planning to do it, just wondering if anyone has...)

um, i don't think you can physically overclock a printer. The only thing that I could think of, is changing the speed at which is sucks in the paper, and moves the print cartridge accross the paper. This wouldn't work though, because the print heads still print at the same speed :rolleyes:

What would you overclock on a printer? I think that too many things are tied together for it to be done. It's an interesting thought though.

I'm just waiting for someone to overclock my soundcard. I mean, SPEED UP SOUND... HOW COOL IS THAT?

It would be like having the Chipmonks around on a daily basis. I'm in on that. :D

Not.:cool:

edit: Actually, I think that if you up your fsb, and don't lock the PCI bus, you do overclock your sound card. And if its something like an Audigy that is actually doing some processing, well....

Oh wait, was that too serious? Sorry.:eek:

edit 2: So if you were able to bump the speed of the paper feed, you'd get something like double spacing between each print head pass. If you speed up the print head only, you'd get something like overlap. If you speed up both, you'd have the next model up in that line of printers. I don't know. This question has obsessed me for the last several hours. Damn it!:mad:

Last edited:
:Off Topic:

F4, is that the code for 2 player action in TMNT the nintendo game, in your sig?

:Back on topic:

I'm just waiting for someone to overclock my soundcard. I mean, SPEED UP SOUND... HOW COOL IS THAT?

BWAH HAHAHAHAHA, man thats awesome!!!

To overclock a printer wouldnt you just have to change a couple of gears?

Back