• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hooking up TV to vid card. Part II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skiing Squirrel

I posted a thread ages ago about how I got this crazy idea about hooking up my tv to my geforce3. It has an S-video jack in the back. So, I run to the store and get a nice long S-video cord and hook it up to my reciever-which is hooked up to my tv. I played around with it for days-but I could never figure it out. My tv does not have an S-video outlet, so I couldn't plug it in there. So I kinda forgot about it. Then, while at radioshack-I saw this . I paid for it, and then brought it home-only to realize I had no idea what to do now. It was stupid, but how would I go about doing this? My TV has 3 jacks... The ones that are red, yellow, and white. (not an audio video guy ;) ). I thought I would do: Svideo cable from vid card to adaptor, then have white, yellow, red cable go from adaptor to tv. Would that work out? Pease help!

Those "red, yellow, and white" cables are actually called RCA cables. :p

If you're just going from the video card to the TV, the only cable you'd need is the yellow one (video). Hook it up and give it a whirl.

Return that adapter and get your money back. Then go to radio shack/circuit city/whereever and ask for a s-video to RCA cable.

Back