• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where can I get a nForce2 Ultra 400 Based board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suma

hey,
listen up,
I'm in the US for 3 more days, I'm looking for a nice board which fits this:

1. Good overclocker!
2. VDD chage in BIOS (w/out any modding)...
3. nForce2 Ultra 400 Northbridge.
4. a nice store to get it from.

Can you help me?
Thanks alot!,

Suma.

I really prefer the EPoX cause my 8rda+ is great.
but q149, I saw that the 8rda3+ @ newegg.com is not ultra 400.

do you know where i can get that chipset?

10x dude.

From Newegg people are getting the new version with an really good HSF on the NB and it has ultra 400. Their 8rda+ are Ultra 400 too but it dosent say.. they are still 1.1 though and the 8rda3+ is rev 2

Here's what it looks like

Awesome huh, i want one:)

Last edited:
awesome indeed.
damnit, I can't get that.
newegg don't except paypal, and my creditcard is foreign.
so I can't get it from there.
anyway I can't get it because I have like 4 more days in the States, so if I miss it, it will be bad.

btw, I got the same ram as yours.
how well do they preform @ 2.9v?
and how much did they cost?

I have CH-5 ones. They do 237 2-2-2 easy with 3.2v so i am guessing they could do ddr500 with no problems. I'm not sure about with less voltage. They only cost like 65 each i think.

I ordered them already, from memoryx.net, very nice store.
shipped the same day I made the order, should be here tommorw, the prob is that I can't check them, I have here a psu, cpu, ram and no mobo :/
what I can do is to put it in my friend's P4 if he'll let me (probably not!)..

so what do you say? how do they preform in lower voltages?
lets say 2.9v or 2.7v, we have the same mobo (8rda+) and I think the vdimm mod is to complicated for me, the vmod is fine I've done it and its great, but vdimm mod, I'm really can't afford another board anyway.
so my max is 2.9v for now, what do you say?

Thanks alot dude.

I never really tried lower voltage.. I had it at 2.9 for a bit but when i did the Vdimm mod i did a bunch of other crap at the same time so i can't say. I had it at 3.05v in my nf7 but it was wierd and i don't know where the memory limited though. CH-5 is suppposed to do good on lower voltage compared to BH-5 though.

So in words, you say that I made a good choice?
I'll get the ram tommorow, 2bad I can't test it right away.
but what ever.

how come you use the 8rda+ over the nf7, every1 that I know always say that nf7 > 8rda+ (I love my 8rda+ but every1 else seems to dislike it!).

anyhow, do you cool your ram @ 3.2v? that's crazy isn't it?
I mean, its probably generats lots of heat.

Thanks alot..

Yeah, i think you made a good choice.
I have owned NF7s and 8rdas but i like 8rdas.. NF7 ussually gets higher FSB with no vmods so it's better for non-modders but with vmods 8rda can equal NF7 plus it dosen't act as strange about multis and things. I don't really cool my ram or use heatspreaders or anything ussaully, i just have good airflow.

Oh, I use w/c so my air flow isn't as good as yours probably,
btw, I saw that you must do the vbt mod to do the vdimm mod is that correct? can I have a pic of your modded board?
isn't the vdimm mod extremly hard?

thx in advance.

Here is Vdimm and Vdd.
8r2.cgi

Ussually you don't have to do Vbt but sometimes you do. I don't think the Vdimm mod is very hard but i guess it is really hard compared to any other vmods.

Jesus man,
I'm scared of cuting traces and stuff, so you haven't done the vbt mod?

I was affraid to put a pot on my nb, my friend fried his board because he moved the pot to quickly, and a bit too much :D

anyhow, thanks alot man.
I'll decide if I'm going to do this mod or not when I get home.

I have done 3 boards and none needed Vbt.. i just ordered my fourth, somone from the forums got a 2.0 from Newegg 6 days after i got my last 1.1 so i am going to try my luck and order one tonight.
Do not adjust pots while the system is on or that can happen. That pic is from my last 8rda, i'm using fixed resistors on this one.
Cutting the traces is not hard really, i use a swiss army knife and just murder the trace till my board hangs at C1 then i know it worked and i do the soldering. You really have to cut it kinda deep passed the gold metal and it looks kinda mint green under there. for where you solder on the trace just scape off the green till it shows the gold metal.

I use this case modified
directron_1751_13112172

I have 2x80mm front intake 2x80mm back top intake 1x80mm,1x92mm side intake and 1x80mm,1x92mm top exhaust.

Last edited:
Cool dude,
let me know about the 8rda+ 2.0, you think that the 2.0 is much better then our 1.1?

I'll start to investigate about the vdimm mod.
good night.

I hope it's better. I know it does looks different from 1.1 besides for the Vdd adjustment and SB heatsink which really makes no difference to me.

Back