• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adding some more Ghz tomorow!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RPM_Computing

Hey all!

Well I am finally breaking down and investing some money in some additional parts for the cause and to catch up on some lost ground! :D I am adding 2 XP 1800's (hopefully good steppings and OC a little :p ) So I am estimating an additional 3.6 Ghz. Mobo's I will be using are Aopen AK75 (already own) and I am thinking about getting an MSI KM2M Combo-L (unless someone else has something better to recomend for $88.00 CAD), everything onboard but i am thinking of building a system from it and selling it and building something better from the work going into it.

I may be adding more depending on how things go financially. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I guess you see me coming up on your threat's list and feel the need to step it up. That's fine, I can turn up the heat more! :) I have 1.8Ghz between 2 boxes that should be folding in the next day or 2 using the new Overclockix.

Fold On!! Lets go!!!!!

Yeah yeah... I see you coming, your too fast for me right now, ;) I'm just about to go yellow though. :)

Hey Mustanley, what kind of temps do you see with your bong. I have been thinking about making one and was looking in to the clear PVC and it was $50 a foot for 4 inch!! Is yours clear PVC or sometihng else?

Last edited:
Fast420A said:
Hey Mustanley, what kind of temps do you see with your bong. I have been thinking about making one and was looking in to the clear PVC and it was $50 a foot for 4 inch!! Is yours clear PVC or sometihng else?

I use motherboard monitor 5 to read the diode temps and it sits around 38-39 loaded normally. I have a probe reading the water temp in the reservoir area and it fluctuates from 1C-3C below ambient with the cpu loaded and about 5C below ambient when the PC isn't running.
The clear PVC is certainly pricey, definitely not in my budget. The clear portion of my bong is made from two clear acrylic pasta containers hacked up and epoxied together. Bought them at K-mart for $6 a piece I think.

Well I am back from shopping and here's what I boughtZ:

Barton XP 2500+ for my main rig and an ECS K7SEM with intigrated everything (even the RAM! 256mb) including an XP 1800+ CPU! Mind you the CPU is soldered on the board but it was only $155.00 so I am laughing :D

I'll be working on getting this gear up and running in the next few hours.

Now that is a challenge! I've never seen a board with the ram and chip already on board, especially an AMD chip! Got any links?

Fast420A said:
Now that is a challenge! I've never seen a board with the ram and chip already on board, especially an AMD chip! Got any links?

I am quite impressed as well, I have never heard of or seen one before. If I had more coin today I have bought 2! lol

It appears ECS does not have an exact link to my board but this is the closest I can find from there.

http://www.ecsusa.com/products/k7sem_v3.html

My board is V3.0M

This link is for the TW site:

http://www.ecs.com.tw/download/dw_spec.asp?product_id=342

By the way it appears to run win 98 and F@H like a champ :D

edit: BTW my CPU is XP 1800+ and not the duron CPU shown in the first link.

Back