• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone ordered from Newegg recently (and what are the best steppings)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BBigJ

I'm about to get a cpu to overclock and I'm trying to decide where (and what) to buy. The 1700's are only $42 at Newegg, but I haven't heard about people buying their cpu's there (presumably because it is a grab bag for steppings.) What have people been getting there recently? If I order a guaranteed stepping that starts to push the price close to that of a 2500 barton. There is also a store here with good prices, but their website says that 1700's are by order only, so I'm not sure I'll get to handpick a nice 'un. (what are the best steppings for 2500's and 1700's?) Thanks.

Huge gamble with 1700+ as newegg has been getting a new batch of 1700+ T-Bred A's.

They do guarantee 2100+ T-bred B so that's the way to go since they're cheaper (or were last week) than guaranteed DLT3C 1700+ T-Bred B.

Absolute cheapest guaranteed T-Bred B is still $49 free shipping
http://www.gameve.com/store/gameve_viewitem.asp?idproduct=267
... or get a newegg Barton 2500+.

P.S. If you really want to gamble, people have been getting new 2000+ T-Bred B's at newegg in the last two weeks even though newegg description "guarantees" them to be old T-Breds.

Post here what you get and where you got it from when you decide!

Back