• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corair XMS 512mb DDR Cas 2.0 PC2700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dtx01

Registered
Well I am trying to overclock my computer but I am trying to max out my ram first before I attempt to overclock the CPU. I have Corair XMS 512mb DDR Cas 2.0 PC2700 running off of a DFI Lan Party NForce2 Ultra KT400a. I maxed out my ram without changing the ram voltage at 211fsb. I went to set my ram to normal settings 6-3-3-2, the motherboard had it set to something like 9-5-5-3. I went to set it to 6-3-3-2 and when i saved and rebooted my comp kept beeping and nothing would load. i tried 9-5-5-2 and it kept beepings. then i did 9-5-5-2.5 and it worked fine. then i did 9-3-3-2.5 and it beeped. i don't know what is going on. this may be a little confusing for some, i don't know if i explained it clearly but i did the best that i can. anyone know what the hell is going on? thanks.

Up the voltage. If the advertised timings don't work at default CPU speed, contact Corsair to RMA the RAM.

Up your Vdimm and see if that helps. Use memtest86 to evaluate your progress.

Back