• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What case will hold a duel 120mm rad and fans up front?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wannaoc

The title says it all, I want a case that can handle a radiator that will use duel 120mm fans in the lower front. I am willing to do some modding so let me know any ideas. Thanks!

Well, any large case I guess. I like the ones with removable hd bays. Looks like you could fit at least a 2x92mm one in there.

Inwin Q500! It has plenty of room for 2x120s once you remove the 4 HD bays. The case has 5 5.25 bays so you can mount your HDs there. If you need more HD space their is plenty above the PSU. I think you can even do a 120 above the PSU but I’m not 100% sure. I'll have to look at my friends.

Pretty much any case, if you're prepared to saw some clearance down there. Even 16cm width cases can hold a Chevette core, it then depends on how many drive bays you need considering the removal of the lower ones. A minor point of concern may be the front piece- some are quite airflow restrictive (many plastic ones are), and sawing into that may produce an unwanted ghetto look.
Depth-wise I don't expect many problems either. Most cases will have room for a full sized ATX mainboard + a bit of clearance for the 5.25" bays, resulting in sufficient space in the lower front.

PS I use the case in my sig, with just 1 fan, but two w/ dual shrouds would fit too (didn't do so, because of noise concerns).

What you could do is raise case a little bit and have radiators under case. I made 2 inch wooden legs for my cauise screwed them onto bottom of case. I know i ahve 2 inch clearance under my case. I did this so i can have an intake fan on the bottom of my case but you can still store the radiators down their.

I spy another opportunity to post pics of my pc!

gibinside1.jpg

gibinside2.jpg

Back