• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

screw it! I'm getting the 9600pro, but...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

guppie

Do I stay away from the "EZ" version? Or is that just a marketing name for certain vendors?

Pricewatch shows first couple of vendors with 9600pro EZ for under $140, then the next couple of vendors show 9600pro for over $140.

Just want to ask the experts before I buy!

To all those who helped me make this decision, thanks! It was a toss-up between ATI 9600pro vs GF4 Ti4800SE (sub $150 range). DX9 compliant is my main issue, even though there isn't a great need yet... The consensus indicates the 9600pro beats the Ti4800SE in benches/visual/features. Also, I did't want to bother OCing, cuz that requires RAM-sinks and RAM-sinks cost more money and reduces overall life of card, blah blah blah...

PHEW! I finally made a decision... Now I WILL shut-up (as soon as someone tells me about EZ)!

I guess buy it from a reliable reseller (s.a. Newegg) where you can read user feedback. Either that or buy one retail (although you will probably have to spend more). 9600pro is a good deal if you can get it cheap.

From what i heard the EZ version is a slower clocked version and uses slower ram which overclockers don't like. I figured that computer parts that have extra letters at the end some how end up slower than their counterparts.

the ti4200 will run 3dmark and older dx8 games faster than the 9600 pro but in tomorrows games the 9600 pro may edge out

Get the 9600Pro....
I got a semi used retail with the 2.8ns Ram for $135 shipped...
Got the receipt with it also for warranty returns if needed..
currently running at 480/702

Gracias guys! I figured as much but wanted to make certain. No one really knows for sure about the EZ, so I'm staying away!

Here you go

1.9600pro 400 cpu/550 mem

2.9600pro (EZ) 400 cpu/400 mem

Cheak out the tyan g9600-m has a overclockers heat sink covers
cpu and ram on bolth sides looks good too

There you go.Go for the 9600pro

Get it from a reliable place like newegg even if it cost you $10 more. It will save you A LOT of headaches in the long run.

check there reseller ratings at www.resellerratings.com before you buy anything. A lot of the cheap places on pricewatch intentionally send the wrong product, non-working product or will not do anything with you if there is a problem.

Good service and the assurance that you will be taken care of if there is a problem is well worth the extra $10. Not to mention processing and shipping from places like newegg is very fast.

OC Noob despite his name and horrible OC's (j/k :p) has a point about newegg. If something goes wrong they'll replace it in a heartbeat, there shi[pping and CS is unmatched ANYWHERE...well googlegear is better for shipping....but still!

Back