• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggestions for quad+ multi-monitor vid card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fuzzywuzzy

Registered
Wondering what you guys would recommend for supporting 4+ monitors on a single PC. Overclocking optional :)

This would be for a Win2k/WinXP system, so driver support would be a necessity :)

Yes and no, it is for a business application, and not for personal use. We're looking for a way to display 4 separate displays full of data, originating from 1 PC.

So, ideally the cheaper the better. We're not looking for a gold-plated video card that can support up to 128 monitors :)

I found this site here to be very informative with the list of video cards, in addition to other information regarding multi-monitor displays and the sort:

http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/products.asp#MultiMonVideoCards

So, if you guys have any suggestions other than the Matrox suite of cards (we are currently using the G550 Dual Heads) lemme know.

HotKoala said:
Are you up for spending over $1000 for one of these cards that excel in 2D but not 3D?

fuzzywuzzy said:
So, if you guys have any suggestions other than the Matrox suite of cards (we are currently using the G550 Dual Heads) lemme know.

4 Independant outputs for Business use? Anything else is just a joke:

http://shopmatrox.com/usa/products/datasheet.asp?ID=309

I'm sure you can find it cheaper somewhere else. Matrox's official site is always expensive. Unless you buy bulk, I doubt they'll cut you a deal. You could also try to contact sales department though.

If it's of any importance, the GXX0 Quad output more aggressively so that you can have extremely long cables without a picture degrade. Usually, the people that use quad+ outputs are internet stock broker guys.

I'm with running an AGP card with dual output and a PCI card with the same, that woukd give you 4 screens.

1 agp and 1 pci card

XP/2000 can natively handle up to 16 monitors i believe...

could you use the onboard video....agp video...and a pci video?...im just wondering cuz i have a board around here someplace with onboard vid...

Zim2411 said:
1 agp and 1 pci card

XP/2000 can natively handle up to 16 monitors i believe...

Good question, I would like to know an exact number as well. I thought it was 4 though.

Back