• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

antec 550 true showing low rails with hardware monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

siaful

Registered
I get 3.25v on +3.3, 4.97v with +5v, 11.86 with +12v on idle.

At load I get same on +3.3 and +5, but 11.80 on +12v.

I'm running only

2.4c
ic7
2x256 kingston hyperx
cdrw
one hd
and two fans
ati radeon 9500 np

Guys does this seem normal. Also, I have to connecters with psu. One is the Atx form connector, and the other is the +12v connector. I know what the ATX is used for, but I don't know what to do with +12v connector. Is it going to help if I hook it up to the mb.

Those are not low voltages since they fall within 2% of nominal.

For stability, 3% from nominal is good, 2% is best.
12V ==> 11.65 to 12.35V (3%) ==> 11.75 to 12.25V (2%)
5V ==> 4.85 to 5.15V (3%) ==> 4.9 to 5.1V (2%)
3.3V ==> 3.2 to 3.4V (3%) ==> 3.23 to 3.37V (2%)

The +12v, it should defnitely be hooked up to the mb, right?

when you say 12v, i assume you are refering to the two yellow, two black with a 4 pin square connector on the end? If so, and you have a P4 and P4 mobo, then yes, thats what they are for. Apparently, P4 mobo's require that connector for maximum performance.

I would not trust readings from software and or hardware of any kind when it comes to power supplies. I have had 2 Antec true powers. 1 was 330 watts the other I believe 480 watts....both showed just about the same voltages in the bios using the same motherboard.

ashenfang said:
when you say 12v, i assume you are refering to the two yellow, two black with a 4 pin square connector on the end? If so, and you have a P4 and P4 mobo, then yes, thats what they are for. Apparently, P4 mobo's require that connector for maximum performance.

As more features are being built into ALL high end motherboards (Intel or AMD based) the ATX12V connector is used on more of them.

On the IC7, the ATX12V port is next to the dimm slot closest to the cpu. I am surprised that the system works without it. Using it could bring your 12V reading up, but do not worry if it does not.

Back