• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chaos

Is this mobo-Gigabyte GA-SINXP1394(GA-8SQ800 ULTRA2)-any good? I just ordered an OEM version from Newegg for $59.00-It sells retail for $138.00!!!! What few reviews I have found on it says its a pretty good board. Just wondered what others thought of it(if anyone has one???)

It's very fast and a decent overclocker but picky about agressively timed memory. What memory will you be using? Check to see if it has the A0 or B0 SIS 655 chip. You may not want to keep it if its A0 and you want to agressively overclock. If its A0 you may top out at 160fsb overclock like mine. B0 chips get into the 170+ range and seem to be more stable with the 3.06 hyperthreading enabled. I have an early basic Ultra version that doesnt have all the bells and whistles that come with the Ultra2. Even though it has an A0 chip, I really love the MOBO

Back