• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just order me a pelt 2?'s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

v8vega350

i am not sure if this is in the right section but if it needs moved move it

i am getting a 226 watt pelt and going to run it on the system in sig

1st i seen a person in these forums getting a 2500+ past 2600mhz with a pelt and i am wondering what i sould expect from this 1700 with a pelt if it will do 2525 stable and 2575 if i push it on just water

and will it run my cpu cooler then putting ice in the water and running it (just tring to get a temp guesstament) or about how many deg will it drop the cpu temp about

v8vega350 said:
i am not sure if this is in the right section but if it needs moved move it

i am getting a 226 watt pelt and going to run it on the system in sig

1st i seen a person in these forums getting a 2500+ past 2600mhz with a pelt and i am wondering what i sould expect from this 1700 with a pelt if it will do 2525 stable and 2575 if i push it on just water

the bartons overclocking rate rate is different than the tbred chips. the bartons top out sooner than the tbred.

with normal watercooling with your maze3 and 226watt pelt, you're looking at around 2.7ghz with stability long runs. You maybe able to get higher clocks at first, but will go down as your water temperature rises overall.

and will it run my cpu cooler then putting ice in the water and running it (just tring to get a temp guesstament) or about how many deg will it drop the cpu temp about
yes, effectively.

but it's only good for very short period of time. ice and the size of your res is the big limit to sustain cold liquid temperatures.

Pika Pika!~

i at least wanted it to cool as well as ice but sustaned also.

but 2700 should get my seti bech below 2 hours

v8vega350 said:
i at least wanted it to cool as well as ice but sustaned also.

With icy water you are looking at 2.8ghz or higher. that would be good for short period of time but if you want sustained temp, you will need some sort of chiller or freezer with large volme of water.

but 2700 should get my seti bech below 2 hours [/B]
Yeah i think so.

Pika pika

v8vega350 said:
well i put ice in the water and only got it to 2650 and i think the cpu temp was still 32c
what Pikachu said is all correct.

yeah, sounds like your CPU is not quite getting the cooling from the pelt.

I assume you are running the 226watt peltier and the ice water? or just ice water and no pelt? Even with just ice water, your CPU temp should drop down to 20s and below.

Sounds like somewhere in the installation needs to be checked. Insure you have cold plate, peltier, and the waterblock all installed with thermal grease and making firm tight contact. Light pressure between them could cause to lose cooling performance gradually.

just ice water and no pelt if i clock the cpu to stock it will be way cooler

also i noticed people use a differnt kind of grease for thier prommies is ceramique going to cut it

v8vega350 said:
just ice water and no pelt if i clock the cpu to stock it will be way cooler

also i noticed people use a differnt kind of grease for thier prommies is ceramique going to cut it
yeah if you're just testing for now, put a lot of ice. Go get a big ice box and couple bags of 22 lbs of ice and shove em all in there with cold water. Just run a pump for one loop for the CPU only. Make sure your block is installed good. Little bit off can bite off good 20~ 30mhz. Raise the voltage a little more and you should be able to get to 2.7ghz for a while.

yeah i think ceramique is okay. You can use that or use Artic Silver II/III, I use it and works fine.

take the radiator from your water cooling setup and stick it inbetween 2 blocks of dry ice but make shure you dont have straight water use antifreeze u will get temps well below 0c well u will as long as u dont run out of dry ice

I see no point in achieving 2.7 ghz for some minutes/hours... what is the use of it?? saying you´ve hit 2.7 ghz?? the main goal is to keep it stable.

I am not bring nasty , it is the conception I have of overclocking

johnnyw said:
I see no point in achieving 2.7 ghz for some minutes/hours... what is the use of it?? saying you´ve hit 2.7 ghz?? the main goal is to keep it stable.

I am not bring nasty , it is the conception I have of overclocking
--->>
yeah if you're just testing for now,

read those lines more carefully so you won't overlook/skip things before you spew.

no.. you are bring nasty. It is so clear by looking at your post. Rub it in eh?

i got 2767mhz stable out of my barton 2500+ and it is a golden chip.. ya might only get 2500mhz depending on the chip as alot on the newer cores are sh*t..

BTW this was done with the far supirour swiftech mcw462-uht 226w tec block at "14.8v" not 12v with chilled 100% distilled water at 4c constant via an r22 chiller.. so GL

226w pelt running at 13.6v we can achieve 19c under load.
that is at 1.87v.at the moment our next goal is to hit 170003dmark,and hit 250fsb
check out sig for more goods on our setup..

radman

Back