• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats Your Idle Temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

countermods

Disabled
IVE READ AROUND 20 PEOPLES TEMPS TONIGHT AND ON AIR EVERYONE IS RUNNING 36 TO 38C WITH AWSOME HSK LIKE THE SLK 800 OR 900S IM RUNNING A VOLCANO 7 AND MY TEMPS ARE ALOT LOWER MY IDLE TEMP IS 31-33C AND LOAD IS 34-37C IS IT ME OR ALL U ALL RUNNING HOT AND YES I AM OVERCLOCKING [email protected] @ 1.75V

it's call diminished returns. cooling is only going to get so good mid 30's is as good as it's going to get on air cooling unless you live in a downright frigid area. some people have hit 20's in the winter.

with good airflow a lesser heat sink can get by. good job on your OC. those are great temps on a 2400

please don't type in capitals. it's somewhat annoying.

also as i recall you're the guy with the2x200+CFM tornadoes. that kind of airflow on any sink is going to net some low temps.

<----- Folds

However I have seen my idle upon occasion and it is usually 32 - 36 depending how hot the room is. When the AC is on its usually low 30's idle and mid 30's under load.

ok enough with the folding and sorry bout those caps my button was stuck got my new keyboard this mornin

It all depends on ambient temp too, A person can have idle temp of 40C at ambient temp of like 34C and another can have idle temp of 35C at ambient temp of 24C, doesn't mean the second person is using better cooling.

39 CPU, 28 mobo.

Temps dropped by almost 10C now that I'm back in an air conditioned room. :D

I haven't seen my computer's idle temps in over a year. Right now it's doing 51c at load with an SLK-900 and a Vantec Stealth fan.

Folding as well, but I live in Souther California where its always hot. My room temp is usually around 80F, idle around ~38C and Load from 43-46C.

Back