• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ga8Ihxp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

allen337

im haveing a problem with temps with my new board it has pc1066 rambuss in it and i cant overclock past 150fsb, temps are at 52c @ 150 but, anything beyond that stability goes down even when vcore is upped.Any suggestions? my soyo board with ddr433 went to 170 fsb stable, specs are ga8ihxp mobo, genuine intel cooling,gf4 ti4600, 2x 256 pc1066 rambuss, maxtor 80 gig ata133, onboard audio & network card. ALLEN

Yeh, rambus gets too hot. Try fan cooling it. If you have a 533 fsb cpu then the memory is being overclocked too. Can you set the memory multiplier to 3x?

I would also try try backing down the AGP multiplier too. Unless your board has a freq lock feature in BIOS, the AGP, PCI and memory are all being over clocked too.

Plus that is pretty hot for the cpu. Try an after market heatsink or some thing.

Hope that helps a little. Good luck.

Back