• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crazy question about water treating

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ArE_eYe_SeE_kAy

I've been reading the posts here for a few months and all you jerks (j/k) have forced me into watercooling. I've seen people say distilled water / deionized water / antifreeze / water wetter.

But i've never seen mention of water bed treatment solution. This stuff's suppose to keep all algae and everything else from forming in a huge bladder for over 1 yr. Has anyone ever given this a try? Besides that, it's a cool blue. :)

Besides all that it's real cheap!

To use distilled water is the best but as to the waterbed treatment it may work really well for keeping the critters out of the water but where it lacks is corosion prevention I would think. Maybe adding a little antifreeze along with it and you might have a good solution.

I used to install waterbeds for a living. That stuff does kill algae and such but as wannaoc said, it might need corrosion protection. I'm not sure about how the w/bed stuff will work for heat transfer. Only thing to do is try it and find out, try running with it, then without it and see if there are any temp differences. I could be wrong but I think that plain ole antifreeze has something in it to keep out the buggies... :)
My $0.02.

hrmf. sod this .. ill put fish in my res!

which will soon be sub zero ..

they will kill the buggies!

before the cold kills them .. hopefully..

bah ill just have a deep fat fryer and some chips ready (w00t!)

but back to the topic. water. is the best.. just add purple ice water wetter what ever. but water IS the best liquid to use no matter what. .(unless you have Ln2 around or maybe some heavywater.. maybe mercury? thought not.) .. water.. distilled.. + antifreeze == done

Watch out for biocides that contain chlorine and bromine particularly if your system contains aluminum.

Chlorine can break down the anodization on aluminum parts.

Back