• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lv 1 bridges question..........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MaxP

Lo All

new to this board i suppose
so big hello

im doing the level 1 bridiges on me athlon

im using conductive paint for maplins......

so i think i have done an ok job
some of the bridges had the paint a bit close to eash other so i use a needle to scrap a solid line between each bridge.....

what i want to know is

does each side of each of the bridges connect to a pin on the underside of the CPU ?

if so any one know which pins on the underside of the Cpu relate to which bridge's ?

if so i should be able to check the bridgies are connected ok using a multimeter to test the resistance between the relative pins on the underneath of the cpu.

i just want to be doubly sure that i have made good connection.... cause in me old age the eyes ante what they used to be.

Cheers

MaxP

PS
GOt my AXIA from the pc fair at Crystal palace last week
CODE...........
A1000AMT3B
AXIA0110EPAW
Y6154780735

only get as far as 12*114
befor me kt7-r (NOT A) craps out large time
Scsi card and cd writer goes for a burton

im looking at the Iwill with its 15x multy..
this is correct isnt it ?

was hoping to start at 10*133
and then work up the multi
im thinking 15*133 is 1995

so sticking to FSB of 133
i should be able to max the chip out way before i run out of multi's

also is there any diffs between
running at 10*150 or 15*100 as far as the CPU is concerned ?
i know high fsb means faster everything
but will the chip be bothered ?
im thinking the cpu might not like to run at such a high multi ?

or is the cpu only interested in the final Mhz and not bothered at all if its a high FSB and low multi
or a high Multi and a low fsb ?

?????

cheers in advance

MaxP

the easiest way to check if you've done it correctly is to pop it in your system, attach your hsf, and boot it up. if you can change the multipliers, you've done good. If you can't, or if you only get to change to certain multipliers (ie only odd or only even), then you've screwed up, and you gotta do it again. I hope that helps :)

Back