• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how do u know when the cpu waterblock is on tite enuff?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It depends on the waterblock retention method. Usually, it's best to screw it down until you hear a sound like glass shattering, followed by smoke and deep-throated laughter.

Actually... don't do that... *most* waterblocks have a system that prevents you from over-tightening it. If you have a spring system, you screw it all the way down. The length of the tightened spring is exactly the amount of pressure needed.

you can tell its on tight enough when you hear the core being crushed..

just get it on tight enough so there is 0 movement when your turn the board upside down

I didnt think you were supposed to toally compress the springs. With my block, I only compress the springs 6 or 7 turns of the thumb nut....

it all depends on he spring really. some springs are harder to compress than others. generaly you want something that will be pretty hard to move once tightend

I just kept turning the nuts until I couldn't budge the block on the socket anymore. My temps always seem nice and low following that method.

Back