• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dead Mx500?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dc5e

I was just trying to mod my mx500 and it was working and stuff and i had a extra blue LED working in it too. Then i went to the dentist and after i came back, i tested the mouse and it didn't work. When i plug it in, the red optical LED flashes on and off and doesn't work. It constantly does this whenever i plug in the mouse, could a chip be fried? i'm pretty sure its still getting power because my blue LED is still powered.

Also i can't see how it wouldn't get enough power all of a sudden because the mouse has been plugged in several times with the blue LED and it worked properly.

Think its time to upgrade to a Logitech Cordless MX Duo?? :D

I kinda think its a good thing it died in ways... cause i shoulda got the mx700

Edit: it actually works... just not on the computer i was testing it with... o well i was kinda looking forward to a upgrade lol just lost my reason to buy a new mouse now

Last edited:
i love the mx500.. i just got one... and the logitech elite keyboard...so sweet

this happend on my other optical mouse , it would flash on and off. i would have to unplug and plug it back in to make it work , and when it does work it doesnt work for a long time and the same thing happens.

Back