• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Well, what do you make of this...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mepho

I have a 1.33 gig AXIA chip. I was just looking around with Asus Probe software and found this on one of the screens. It says max speed of chip is 1200, current speed is 1.33. So am I to assume that this was a 1.2 chip that was better than it was supposed to be and that all 1.33 chips are like that? Here's a screen shot...

i think it's just that that version of asus probe was programmed when 1.2ghz was the fastest chip in the forseeable future. i wouldn't worry about it at all..

Could be a bios issue. I seem to remember the 1003 bios that came with my board showed the max speed as 800 in PC Probe, but my tbird did 850 anyway. Using 1004d now, it shows 1200. Seeing as it doesn't seem to prevent the chip running at speeds above the 'maximum' I wouldn't worry - if you want to try it, the new 1007 release might show max speed as 1333. Speaking of the 1007, it improved my memory performance a bit, but I had to ditch it cos it refused to boot when cpu voltage was set to 'user define'. Shame... :)

Back