• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TV-OUT Quality: Radeon 7500 vs. Geforce Ti4200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Freelancer071

Registered
Has anyone had experience with the TV-OUT quality of these cards? Right now I have ABIT's GF Ti4200. I might get a Radeon 7500 in the near future and I'm not sure which card I should use for TV-OUT, since ATI is supposed to be superior when it comes to TV-OUT. I've heard that R7500 has better TV-OUT quality than R8500. Is this true?
How is R7500's TV-OUT quality comparing to nVidia's cards? I've been testing the Ti4200 a bit and the quality is great when dealing with movies and stuff but there is some light flickering when I'm doing stuff in Window$.

It depends on which output chip the card is using. The tv out on my card is killer. If you did get the 7500, the 3D performance hit you would take is huge.

Also, the big problem with quality of display on a TV, is the TV itself. TV's are just not meant to display such high resolution and clarity.

If you want a card with pure tv out and 3d capability doesn't matter look at the older matrox cards. The have really nice IQ on the tv out.

As for the 4200 and 7500 the 7500 probably has the better tv out.

Back