• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to change values higher on p4c800-E DLX and 2.8 800fbs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vkvenom

my current settings are 14x 230 = 3220 on 2.8 CPU and timmings on memory 2.5-3-3-5-4 @ 460 1:1

what i cant do is up my cpu values higher than 14 it is locked ,
how to unlock cpu ?

and any thing over 230 fbs is not stable !even on slackest mem. timmings and system on standard.

any suggestions on how to improve this?

whats the diff. from 1:1 or 1:4?

It is NOT possible(within normal thinking) to unlock an Intel CPU, all overclocking must be done through the FSB. Only thing you can do it get better ram that can handle more speed.

The fact that non-XMS corsair memory is running above PC3200 at those timings astounds me. Mine could barely run at stock with timings similar to those. Slacken your timings, push your vdimm to 2.85v, and see what you can do. Don't expect to go too far with that memory running on slower timings.

1:1, 5:4, and 3:2 are your memory divider settings. In 1:1, for every 1mhz the FSB moves up, the memory moves up 1mhz. This means a 230mhz FSB will have memory running at 230mhz (DDR460).

5:4 means for every 5mhz the FSB moves up, the memory moves up 4mhz. This means a 250mhz FSB at 5:4 will have memory running at 200mhz (DDR400). Simple way to calculate speeds is FSB speed / 1.25 = memory speed.

3:2 means for every 3mhz the FSB moves up, the memory moves up 2mhz. A 300mhz FSB at 3:2 will have a 200mhz FSB. Simple way to calculate speeds is FSB speed / 1.5 = memory speed.

sorry i do have XMS pc 3200 LL PT memory, but i only have two options for memory and they are 1:1 and 1:4

You are look at the MPS revision numbers. Your options for that are 1.1, and 1.4. This has NOTHING to do with your memory and FSB dividers. Hell, even after a bit of google work, I still don't know what it means.

What you want is under the Jumperfree settings. Memory clock speeds are your dividers.

400 = 1:1
320 = 5:4
266 = 3:2

My advice? DON'T OVERCLOCK. Not to be rude, but it sounds so far like you havn't a clue what you're doing with this setup. Read around some more forums, and get more information before you take the plunge. You'll be glad you did when you don't have to spend $500 to replace that motherboard and processor.

My advice? DON'T OVERCLOCK. Not to be rude, but it sounds so far like you havn't a clue what you're doing with this setup. Read around some more forums, and get more information before you take the plunge. You'll be glad you did when you don't have to spend $500 to replace that motherboard and processor

LOL ! im not new to O/C ing AMD ! but you are right about not knowing alot about this setup!

I have read most of the posts on p4p800 and p4c800 that is why i ask the questions on all of this. i made a mistake and bought pc 3200 intead of 3700 cause i was O/C ing an amd 2500 barton @ 200x12 =2400 mhz and that memory worked fine .

i really want to get more and better memory, is it worth paying for the corsair pc4000 or will 3700 be good enough?

also, this isnt the thread but whats the better water cooling ?
or what about the vapochill ?

If your processor can do ~270mhz easily, get PC4000/4200, bump the voltage to 2.85v on the vdimm, and go to town.

If it can't, or can go above there, PC3700 is fine. With dividers, your memory will be running around that speed at higher FSB's.

Back