• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Comments on addtronics 7896A case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flixotide

I am looking for a few comments on this case as I have my eyes on it for my main rig.

I'd like to know if the interior is any good compared to antec/chieftec. Although they write a lot of blah-blah on the page, I prefer comments from the forums :)

To e the positives is the built-in dust filters and 120 mm fan slot and the ability to move air in sideways across the harddisks / dvd-r's and striaght out the other side.

Cheers and thanks in advance,

Flix

They're nice cases. I used them when I got started building my own systems until I switched to my first SX1030. They're really built like tanks, they make the good 'ol Antec SX series look like lightweights! Removable MoBo tray is nice, fan filters are nice, side fans are good for hot drives but do get noisy. You'll need 24" IDE cables to reach the drives in the upper bays and a 36" floppy cable to reach waaay up to the top of the case.

Alrighty... the cable lengths will prove useful, although I'll be skipping the floppy inf favor of a 3½" mini-rheo to control the top fans.

Removable mobo tray huh? excellent, didn't make that out from the specs. That'll come in handy allright.

Thanks for your feedback!

Cheers, Flix

I have one. Very good room, eight bays for HDDs and such, a floppy bay on the top, and an additional HDD bay on the rear. The PSU backplate can be changed to accomodate a redundant 600W PSU and the mobo tray supports almost all server motherboards. You can even install two additional HDDs hanging over the motherboard or an additional cooling fan.

The swing-open doors are a real treat but do require one to lift the front bezel off. You will find that this case is one of the roomiest (and most towering) cases to date.

Beware though, it does get noisy, and 120mm intake fans would have been better instead of the dinky 80mms. It needs mods to make it more quiet, as HDD seeks will reverberate through the entire case, and fan airflow is restricted in the front. And despite its tendency to torque under tension, this is the ultimate case to mod.

Impressive comments... but the noise thing makes me itch though...

I'll check around a second time, to see if I can find it premodded with magic fleece or the like.

Thanks for the info

Cheers, Flix

Back