• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheapest way to pelt cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kttdkt

Im on a pretty tight budget, but I eally want to pelt cool my system. I currently have:

Maze 2 waterblock
86 Accord Radiator
Maijet 2100 pump, i think, I know its 295gph

My system specs are:

Asus A7N8X
Athlon XP 1700+ T-bred
512mb Corsail PC3200
Ati Radeon 8500 (128mb)
Audigy 2

The main reason why I want to upgrade to a pelt cooling system is because I cant reach high speeds without worrying about my temps. I can get it up to around 2000mhz but the temps are like 55*C just in bios, in Windows they are probably higher. I'm kinda on a budget, but I've been trying to find a way to get a pelt cooling setup.
Is there anyway I could possibly add a cold plate to my maze 2?
What Is a good cheap power supply to power a 226watt pelt?

im thinking you could just drill new holes in your block on the corners, but without knowing the maze layout that might be risky. you could just use a hold down device, or make your own.

find the specs (needed votage, ect) on your 226w pelt and then find a power supply on ebay. heres a good one for only 15 bucks:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2551124225&category=32720

and heres the motherload of them for a more detailed search:
http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/Sa...ower+supply&from=R8&sacategory=4676&catref=C1

so im sure your thinking now why people pay 120 for a meanwell when they could get one for 15$ huh? cause they are idiots.

laters.
t

i said the same thing... Why are people spending 120$ on a friggen power supply. But then again this pelt needs:
15.8 volts max, you can just use a 12volt
24amps!!!
226watts
But thnx for the advice, im lookin on ebay now.

lol, i found a power supply thats:
12volts
75amps!!!
but I'm not sure how much wattage it has, but would this be able to handle the pelt that I listed in my last post

found another one, it has
12volts
30 amps
575watts
its perfect, i guess, but how would i connect to it a pelt.
anyone that wants to help instead of bidding on it, please msg me.

the second one i listed was 9.99 with 20$ shipping, but it was untested and sold as is.

Back