• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is an AthlonFX ?_? Rumor ?_?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreammmatt

Hi all. I heard in the forum somewhere...somebody mentioned an AthlonFX...i believe they said it still uses the Socket-A (Socket-462) of the current Athlon....just...what is this mysterious AthlonFX that I heard about? Is it just some rumor? A sick joke based on the GeForceFX? or just somehow someone thinking of the Barton, and misnaming it FX?

how would (do you think) one of these "Thortons" compare to a t'bred b 1700+ (for example)

OC Detective said:
Some rumours state it wont have a rating but will just be sold at clock speed.

that would kick some butt, all the illiterates would finaly really know what true performance per clock means... at least the ones on a buget hehehe

Well if it has 256KB L2 Cache and has a defualt setting of 11 x 133 then the only difference is the core is slightly bigger. I would expect to see the likes of the XP1700 and XP1800 B phased out once these are introduced.

Back