• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Submarine 2.0 (56kers beware)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lazlo Panaflex

K since the forum was down i went ahead and changed up my "submarine water cooled system" a bit and wanted to show u guys. The project was to basically seperate the Cpu From the GFX, and Northbridge blocks so they would both run on two completely different systems.

Bigger Heatercore Devoted To CPU

I went ahead and purchased a bigger heatercore off napaonline.com that giblet Plus! Suggested to me I believe its a single pass 2-342.
DSC00837.JPG

Next Was the extremely fun job of putting barbs on the core.
DSC00840.JPG

Jb-weld'in that sucker down
DSC00841.JPG

Cabinet

Sorry pic is upside down but that is the cabinet that all the watercooling stuff is in, i cut holes in the side for the heatercores to be able to get circulation.
DSC00843.JPG

Graphics

There it is the 9800 Pro with a Dangerden block, Ill be posting a updated overclock when i have everything cleaned up
DSC00846.JPG

The Rest

I drilled 4 straight holes throught the case to fit the tubing.
DSC00851.JPG

The whole rig
DSC00853.JPG

The core for the Cpu with homemade shroud :D

DSC00854.JPG

Thanks for looking!

Looking good. I bet the wood sides really help out with any excess noise. What pump are you using? That seems like it would require a pretty massive head to push water that far.

wilhelm310 said:
wow if i go water im gonna do that 2 but in my own way:D

go for it, i would love to see a better/different design, Unfortunatley i sprung a huge leak last night and the 200w PSU that was powering the 3 120mm fans burned out :( so i had to route the power from my other back up system to this system. I changed it up a little to make it look better and ill take a few last pics later tonight.

Final Pics

A few Last Pics of the whole thing up and running. Temps are probably comepletely off because of the fact that the 8rda+ temp probe is crap but it sais Idle:44C and Load:47C I heard somewere it was 10C off so i guess im in the 30's. The system is REALLLY quiet except for the fact that im routing the power from my other computers PSU to power the fans which is annoying because my backup rig is loud as hell, but im lookin on ebay for cheap PSU's to replace it. Unfortunately i didnt get more overclock out of the video card :( i thought it could go higher but i guess it has hit the wall. 440 on the core was the highest i could get it up to without artifacts. oh well it was a fun project :) Here are the final pics

210803-DSC00866.JPG

210803-DSC00867.JPG

210803-DSC00869.JPG

Back