• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A few pointers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bensa

I just got access to a industrial drill press or mill, whichever sounds better to you. This is thanks to my new teacher, and hes allowed me to use time at the end of the semester to create wblocks.

So now onto the questions:
1. What size should I make for my the cpu, nb and gpu(maybe ram as well.)? Seems that most heatsinks go over the area to be cooled.
2. Whats the best design for the components. I do have skills in working with metal before, just not much with copper.
3.Dimensions?
4. What size holes/barbs?

For specs. check my siggy. I might make a passive rad from an old house radiator that my friend has.

design wise, i would say that a spiral design with bumps or something similiar to create turbulance would take the best. You would want the cold incoming water to hit the middle of the block, where the cpu die is, first.

As for the size of the barbs, use 3/8" or 1/2", the 1/2" has a greater flowrate but is bulkier then the 3/8"

As for a ram waterblock, i dunno, but if you could make a sweet low profile design, then you would be one of the first to do so, thats got style. Most people just chop a heatsink into tiny pieces and paste them onto the ram chips.

*This is just my opinion, others may have a totally different one.

check out the other block thread, I just put in a link to the #rotor block design, i am pretty sure most blocks are around those dimentions.

Back