• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7 users rejoice!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just hope hipro5 will send the new bios this way....

I'm quite shore a few people will host it for us OCers to test.

mica

therudyq3 said:
what about IS7 ?? :( :( :eek:

maybe soon.

I do know that they(abit) want to see if it realy works on the IC7 first.
maybe by today, if it doesn't hurt other things, they will reliese it for the IC7.

about one week from now, if all goes well, you'll have it for the IS7.

mica

micamica1217 said:

maybe soon.

I do know that they(abit) want to see if it realy works on the IC7 first.
maybe by today, if it doesn't hurt other things, they will reliese it for the IC7.

about one week from now, if all goes well, you'll have it for the IS7.

mica

WOOT!!!!
By the way, I've been running NB Strap at 667 in single channels. since I got a 2nd stick to do dual channels, I switched to NB strap 800 and able to up my fsb from 195 to 198 with a consistent performance and rock stable in prime95 after 9 hours (I cancelled after 9 hours).
so I guess the more stress you start to put on the buses and memory channels, you need to enlarge your NB strap, which seems to be like a pipeline from NB to the cpu.

micamica1217 said:
1.7b2 beta bios WORKS!

265fsb and 1:1 ratio....:clap:

I wish they would just give it to us already.

mica

Mica I thought you have a 2.4B cpu...unless you have a C sitting somewhere...

also, will you put your 2.4B in and see if you can gain any additional fsb from the cpu or from the memory ??

THX

P.S. I guess I have to wait another week for an IS7 BIOS huh..

therudyq3 said:

Mica I thought you have a 2.4B cpu...unless you have a C sitting somewhere...

also, will you put your 2.4B in and see if you can gain any additional fsb from the cpu or from the memory ??

THX

P.S. I guess I have to wait another week for an IS7 BIOS huh..

I'm still running a 2.4b, and will not get a 2.4c (or other C chips).
I'm hoping for two things though, first that the new prescott works (and I still see no reason it should not) and 5:4/1:1 ratio works over 255fsb....it now does, yet still a little buggy.

my next upgrade will be a 3.2ghz prescott and pc4000/4200....
I hope to keep this mobo.

mica

micamica1217 said:

I'm still running a 2.4b, and will not get a 2.4c (or other C chips).
I'm hoping for two things though, first that the new prescott works (and I still see no reason it should not) and 5:4/1:1 ratio works over 255fsb....it now does, yet still a little buggy.

my next upgrade will be a 3.2ghz prescott and pc4000/4200....
I hope to keep this mobo.

mica

uummm early rumors is that Prescott will need a new socket. But it would be great if it works on the IC7 or IS7.

why do you want 5:4? for the prescott I presume, because your current mem should be able to handle 1:1.

I hoping the new BIOS, which does help to fix 1:1 ratio, will improve my system either by allowing me to run GAT fully enabled at my current speed or allow me to run higher fsb stable with GAT setting in my present system.

If you've got the beta BIOS loaded and testing it, please keep us informed if it helps you any.
THX

i tried flashing my IC7 with the new bios using the flash menu, it just says that my bios is up to date. so i tried downloading the bios file, then use the flash menu to look for the file, it still doesn't work :(, im confused

Same thing happened to me, so here's what you should do..

Download the bios file to your desktop

Open Flashmenu and flash the bios from a file..
browse to your desktop, and the bios update file should be there.
Select it and hit okay..

It should update fine from there.. I didn't have any problems.

Back