• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Check this 2.8C out, almost 3.8 ghz on Air

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kunaak

damn, I was so amazed by this CPU.
the other day I tried to push it alittle and I kinda chickend out at 1.6 volts on the CPU, being the motherboard, ram and CPU are all just 2 days old.

but tonight I pumped it to 1.65 volts and got this.

Artic silver Ceramique is the thermal paste, spread on with a razor, and the Heatsink is a Swiftech MCX-4000-B.
the fan is a normal 93x93x25mm Zalman silent fan.

Oh yeah, for you code guys.

FPO# L321B235

Pack Date-7-16-03

I cannot wait to get this in my Prometeia :D

3.8.JPG

!.6V and you chickened out? ;)

I'd try 1.675 or 1.7V just for a kick. See how high it can go.... Don't worry running it at 1.7V isn't really any danger especially for a short period of time. :)

omg that is so amazingly awesome!!! Back in my day (before Ras discoverd SNDS) we used to bring the voltage all the way u to 1.85... so sometihng like 1.65 certainly wouldn't do ya any harm... and ya like Chuck said for a short period of time those high voltages won't do any/too much harm....

Sweet, nice oc man, i got a 2.8 must go try it, *arghhh tries to run away from school*:)

Chuck232 said:
!.6V and you chickened out? ;)

I'd try 1.675 or 1.7V just for a kick. See how high it can go.... Don't worry running it at 1.7V isn't really any danger especially for a short period of time. :)

Yeah, chickend out, all this stuff is just 3 days old today.
that was the first day I had this set up.
I needed to become familiar with this heatsink and how well it handles temps. but honestly, this heatsink is nearly indestructable with voltages, it just seems to eat it up and spit it out, asking me "is that all you got?"

I ran nearly 1.7 volts on it, and it barely budged 4C over what I get at default voltages (27C) honestly this heatsink is the best I ever saw, and thats including 3 weeks using a SLK-900u :)

I'd still like to try one of them alphas though ;)

Really? Thought the SLK-900U was the best you could get... ;)

I could've payed less for a MCX4000-B.....:mad:

Chuck232 said:
Really? Thought the SLK-900U was the best you could get... ;)

I could've payed less for a MCX4000-B.....:mad:

well, since I can't actually do a side by side comparison with an SLK-900 right now, I can't really say which ones better. but in my opinion, I would not trade you 2 Slk900's for my swiftech ;)

Quoted from Kunaak
well, since I can't actually do a side by side comparison with an SLK-900 right now, I can't really say which ones better. but in my opinion, I would not trade you 2 Slk900's for my swiftech

your just saying that cause you got a good o/c from the swiffy... oh to have money again ;)

Nice OC but dont trust those asus temps, they are likely rediculously low as usual on intel boards. Slap that CPU in an Abit and you would see more 'realistic' temps.

after having my last 4 Abit boards come to me DOA, I think it will be a long time before I get anything Abit :(

Back