• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AXIA 1gig serial numbers: which is best?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cybercap

hi,

i'm about to buy an AXIA 1000 cpu.

what serial number should i go for?
i've already tested 2 of them from friends on a kt7a at 1.85v with a GW FOP32-1.

the first was week 0108CPAW (second line Y#######) and did 1466-1500 @1.85v
the second was week 0110APDW (second line only numbers) and did 1400-1425 @1.85v

my guess so far is that the best would be:
-week 08
-B or C as the first letter
-A or B as the third letter
-the second line beginning with Y

give me advice,

thanks
marc

cybercap (Apr 16, 2001 05:50 p.m.):
hi,

i'm about to buy an AXIA 1000 cpu.

what serial number should i go for?
i've already tested 2 of them from friends on a kt7a at 1.85v with a GW FOP32-1.

the first was week 0108CPAW (second line Y#######) and did 1466-1500 @1.85v
the second was week 0110APDW (second line only numbers) and did 1400-1425 @1.85v

my guess so far is that the best would be:
-week 08
-B or C as the first letter
-A or B as the third letter
-the second line beginning with Y

give me advice,

thanks
marc

From what i see, when the second line begins with a Y instead of a number it has a higher OC potential.

According to the article on the main page a while back that was researched by one of the CPU pretesting places <I forget who> AXIAs with a letter begining the second line are all pretty much equal, numbers are ok but the letters ussually go higher...
I just ordered my 1ghz 266FSB chip and a7v-133 from newegg, hopefully ill get a good one, im going for 1400 aircooled

Big Mike (Apr 17, 2001 01:58 p.m.):
According to the article on the main page a while back that was researched by one of the CPU pretesting places <I forget who> AXIAs with a letter begining the second line are all pretty much equal, numbers are ok but the letters ussually go higher...
I just ordered my 1ghz 266FSB chip and a7v-133 from newegg, hopefully ill get a good one, im going for 1400 aircooled

To Big Mike:

Two Points on your 1G 266 T-Bird:
1) should have ordered 1.13ghz for only $15-20 more. Better chance of receiving one with unlocked L-1 from the factory (50% probability) vs 0% with the 1.0Ghz cpu.

2) I just burnt a 1.0G 266 a few weeks OK, being RMA'ed as we write. Be careful if you play around with it. It runs hot and because of the thinness, the core will 'FRY" in seconds. I knew better, but I was reseated the CPU and testing a change to my configuration and simply wanted to see it POST. Without the HSF, damaged occurred in 6-7 seconds upon power.

The payment for impatience. Luckily I purchased from a full service discounter vs a "price watch" vendor and they RMA'ed no sweat.

Not worried about locked L1s, my 750 has been working fine at 9x100 for quite some time, i used a conductive PCB repair pen to do it, works quite well and is relatively easy to do, im also not worried about the HSF, ive put it on the 750 at least 10 times and never had a problem with it even running hot, i use a shim and check the contact with a flashlight

hrmchan (Apr 17, 2001 03:25 p.m.):

To Big Mike:

Two Points on your 1G 266 T-Bird:
1) should have ordered 1.13ghz for only $15-20 more. Better chance of receiving one with unlocked L-1 from the factory (50% probability) vs 0% with the 1.0Ghz cpu.

2) I just burnt a 1.0G 266 a few weeks OK, being RMA'ed as we write. Be careful if you play around with it. It runs hot and because of the thinness, the core will 'FRY" in seconds. I knew better, but I was reseated the CPU and testing a change to my configuration and simply wanted to see it POST. Without the HSF, damaged occurred in 6-7 seconds upon power.

The payment for impatience. Luckily I purchased from a full service discounter vs a "price watch" vendor and they RMA'ed no sweat.

thats great ive heard that story a few times.......you`ve got 5 seconds to shut your bird down before it`s fried :D

hehehe.. i have to hold my power button down for 4 seconds to power down, so i'd be even more screwed!!!!! ;)

I thought that was what the switch on the power supply was for. Why wait 4 seconds to power off with the button? Just flip the switch....lol

AVIA's will do just as good if not better than AXIA's. They are harder to find but worth it!! Y's are the best and K,s are second.

Since I'm thinking about ordering the same from them, could you let us know what the processor markings are when you get it?
Thanks!

Back